I love the idea of a fresh start. The notion of reinvention and rebirth is fascinating and inspiring, and it’s something I think about often. That’s one of the reasons I love this time of year. Like most people, I’ve been doing a lot of reflecting as the year draws to a close. Things I accomplished, things I learned, things I’m proud of, and things I could do better in the new year.
Here, I want to explore some of those and share what I’m aspiring to do in 2019.
2018 in review
What I’m proud of…
- Finished writing my first book
- Had my manuscript requested by agents
- Launched my blog (woohoo!)
- Transitioned my Instagram to a business account, focusing on Disney content
- Completely revamped my mindset
- Found joy in simple things
- Started writing my second book
- Happiness starts with the internal – not external. It’s on you.
- Don’t let negative opinions dim your shine.
- It’s scary to put yourself out there, but it’s so worth it.
- Toxicity and negativity have no place here anymore.
Looking to 2019
- Maintain a healthier lifestyle
- Finish and revise my second book
- Read two books a month
- Buy more pink clothes
- Keep a positive mindset
In short, my rule for 2019 can be summed up in three words: Good. Vibes. Only. As great as those external resolutions are (being healthy, financial responsibility, etc.), for me, the most important goals have to do with cultivating a good attitude. It’s not always easy, but it is always worth it. For me, it’s been life-changing.
And lastly, I want to say Happy New Year to those who follow and read my blog. I really appreciate it, and I look forward to awesome things coming in 2019!
Have your own goals and resolutions for the new year? Drop them in the comments below!
Happy New Year!