2020 is almost upon us, and this time we’re not only entering a new year, but a new decade. A new era. A new age. And so, I’m going big and honest with my resolutions. There’s no time or life to waste, so I’ve taken a good look at various aspects of myself – work, life, habits, etc., and have categorized resolutions for all of them. Some are pretty straightforward, and some merit a bit more explanation. I have these detailed a lot more for my own personal reasons, but here I’ll try to keep it concise. 😉
So, without any more intro, here are my goals and resolutions for 2020.
- Continue to grow NOVA, my content writing business.
- Seek out a mentor.
- Make time to listen to a professional development podcast once a week.
FAMILY, FRIENDS, & PEOPLE
- Speak with at least one of my family members daily. (I’m already pretty good about this!)
- Make time for a friend at least once a week. With the way my life has been the past year between building a business and moving, I haven’t made this a priority. My goal is to meet up with friends at least once weekly.
- Set boundaries. One of the things I’m working on is setting appropriate boundaries and being selective about who is in my life. The wrong people getting close to you is a recipe for bad vibes and bad situations. Which leads me to …
- Cut off the negative people. Scorpios (I’m bringing up my astrological sign?? Shocking!!) tend to have a reputation of cutting people off easily. I actually rarely do this, as I do tend to give the benefit of the doubt and second chances. But there are some people who have been in my life that simply can’t be anymore. Whether it’s because they’re overly negative, passive-aggressive, or just had to make a really rude comment, to my face, about my wedding years ago (yes, this happened, and as a Scorpio, I simply can’t move past it. Sorry.), I’m just not going to put up with it anymore. Time to leave those people on read. Basically, if I thought of someone specific while singing “This Is Why We Can’t Have Nice Things,” they’re not coming with me into 2020.
- Prioritize the positive people. This goes hand-in-hand with my above goal, but the other side of this coin is making more time for the incredible, positive, uplifting people in my life. My goal is to surround myself with ambitious, passionate, empathetic, and encouraging people. I’m thankful to have some great people in my life who check all those boxes, and I want to make the time for them.
LIFE & HABITS
- Keep a gratitude journal. (We’re back to the brief ones.)
- Drink more water.
- Start every day with a prayer.
- Mindfulness, mindfulness, mindfulness.
- Learn to listen better. Like, really listen.
- Forgive myself for certain things and move on.
- Cut out sugar and any fried food from my diet. Please send prayers.
- And lastly, LET THINGS GO. LEAVE THE PAST BEHIND. IT’S A NEW DECADE. 2020, BABY.
I hope my goals and resolutions can inspire you, and I’d love to hear how you’re planning to kick off 2020 and a new era. Let me know in the comments or send me an email!